Georgia Center Looking South 1895
This remarkable photo shows the three churches of Georgia Center. Today in 2004, there is only one. The foreground shows the old Town Hall built at great sacrifice by the people of Georgia. It was completed in 1802 and burned to the ground October 2, 1952. The second brick church was created by the Congregationalists c1832. In the mid 1940s, it was dismantled due to low membership. The third church is the First Methodist Church. It was replaced in 1894 by a new one at the cost of $4000. None of these three buildings is standing today.